Español (spanish formal Internacional)English (United Kingdom)
PCSilencioso.com: PCSiencioso es un portal web dedicado al SilentPC (PC silencioso) en español, con unos pocos artículos seleccionados traducidos también a inglés, y con un foro de soporte y discusión dedicado a esta afición.
Foro PCSilencioso: Una de las partes más importantes PCSilencioso es nuestro foro, donde podemos discutir temas relacionados con la informática, y en especial el SilentPC. Además nuestro foro tiene las puertas abiertas no solamente a los usuarios, sino también a las tiendas con un subforo dedicado para ello. En este foro podemos aclarar dudas o compartir opiniones sobre las tiendas, y donde éstas están invitadas a participar.
Accesos rápidos: Últimas reviews - Últimos artículos - Últimas noticias
Fecha actual 26 Mar 2017 02:28

Todos los horarios son UTC [ DST ]

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 14 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: English translators needed :)
NotaPublicado: 20 Abr 2010 00:32 
Conocedor/a de SilentPC

Are translators and revisers welcome? I wouldn't mind to lend a hand about this topic if you want. You know, 2*(x+1) eyes may be better than 2*x ;)

Best regards

Asunto: Re: Graphics Cards Power Consumption
NotaPublicado: 20 Abr 2010 10:28 
Administrador de PCSilencioso

maxmalkav escribió:
Are translators and revisers welcome? I wouldn't mind to lend a hand about this topic if you want.

Sure, you are welcome, we will contact you before what you wish ... :guino:

maxmalkav escribió:
You know, 2*(x+1) eyes may be better than 2*x ;)

:sonrisa:

NotaPublicado: 20 Abr 2010 18:19 
Promesa del SilentPC

What?

I didn´t know you had foreign visitors :D Good to know.

p.d. And you have roto2!! :roto2: You guys are making really good progres as far as I can see :D jaja

NotaPublicado: 20 Abr 2010 22:57 

Not yet, we don't have many foreign visitors yet, but I'd like that to change :D And yes... we have roto :roto2: by popular request :ok:

maxmalkav... don't say that twice :). Translators and reviewers are not only welcome, but NEEDED (cause we don't have enough time, and cause our English is limited). I'm sending you a PM right now :mrgreen:

Regards :)

NotaPublicado: 20 Abr 2010 23:43 
Moderador Global de PCSiencioso

I think that making the page in English is very interesting, although it carries a lot of extra work. But, amog others, this point makes this page special.

Hope that people from abroad starts to join the forum. It'd be great. And translators are needed... but rubbish. I don't know any of them that works barely good. You end up talking like an indian, or directly nonsense. But less is nothing xD

Anyway, I hope this English section has success.

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 00:20 

The idea is not to to translate everything. The truth is that there is a very good reference site in English, SilentPCReview, and it contains lots of useful information. But there are some components that are more common in Europe, that are rather difficult to find in US or Canada, and therefore there is not much information about them at SPCR. My idea is to focus on those things for our English version.

And there are some other articles that I think that can have interest not only in Spanish. For instance, the data that we have compiled during months for graphics cards power consumption may be interesting, cause I don't think there is on the internet such a complete compilation.

And I also agree with you with our "Me Tarzan... You Cheetah..." English... :mrgreen: But it will always be much better than google's translation :roto2:

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 00:27 

By the way, I wouldn't mind helping with some translations if I have time. My English is far from perfect, but if I can help, why not?

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 01:21 
Conocedor/a de SilentPC

kike_1974 escribió:
The idea is not to to translate everything. The truth is that there is a very good reference site in English, SilentPCReview, and it contains lots of useful information. But there are some components that are more common in Europe, that are rather difficult to find in US or Canada, and therefore there is not much information about them at SPCR. My idea is to focus on those things for our English version.

I think that is a really good point. Filling that gap with such kind of reviews would be welcomed by many Spanish and European users. We have many hardware brands that lack rigorous analysis, and writing some focused on aspects related with silent and quite PC would be a plus.

As far as I can see, some volunteers for English stuff have arose. You should take advantage of this manpower before they regret ;)

As I said above, I wouldn't mind to collaborate with some translation task if I have enough free time. I can't promise you anything, but I'll try to do my best :)

Regards!

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 01:30 

I suggest you to choose one article of the ones that are already on the web... the one that you consider it would be more interesting to translate, and then I can send you the article for the translation.

I can say exactly the same to reset.

I think we should discuss this further by PM, email or instant messaging. Actually, I'm going to divide this thread into two parts, one with the part of the graphics cards power consumption, and the other with this off-topic, to keep things tidy.

Thank you for your collaboration. People in this forum and their collaboration is what really makes this site special :)

Asunto: Re: English translators needed :)
NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 01:43 

I thik this idea could work:

An administrator chooses what articles would be candidates to be translated. And each of the collaborators take one of them and translates it. This way we make sure 2 persons aren't translating the same article. And that we translate the ones that could be more suitable for foreign people.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Última edición por reset el 21 Abr 2010 01:57, editado 1 vez en total

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 01:56 

Probably the best idea is to start with the "most read" articles in Spanish. In the main page there is a module (at the right) where you can see the 5 most read articles on this site. I can increase this number to 10 if you need to see more.

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 02:20 

Perfect, we'll do it that way. If you don't mind, I'll start translating this article:

http://www.pcsilencioso.com/es/articulo ... os-basicos

As soon as I have it ready I'll send it to you so you can check it. It will take me some time but I'll do it asap. Please send me a PM with your email address.

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 14:20 
Promesa del SilentPC

do you speak english? yes, in pcsilencioso is possible :birras: :birras:

NotaPublicado: 21 Abr 2010 15:27 
Promesa del SilentPC

Kike, apart from some weekends I´m unemployed, so I can help translating anything you want, send me an MP or if you want, we can talk on the phone to discuss everything.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 14 mensajes ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC [ DST ]